N II Deep Back on water

Took boat back out last night for a second sea test out of PS.

all went well, great night on the water, being by myself did run a couple of lines for a couple of hours. setup in 60 fow trolled sw out to 95 fow turned back NE headed back toward pier head.

no hits - only ran the two riggers, and switched 150 copper to diver then back to the copper, nothing.

still it was great to have the boat run good.

will be out Saturday either PS or Holland.

reel good to hear you got her going again. i just got mine out of the shop where i really took a poking. now i cant get her registered. the people i bought her from gave me a bill of sale and the title. but the title only had the re-assignment of title to them. but they didnt give me one for me. so i,ve got to go to court and get a court order to get a title. they have my court date for the 3rd of aug. i was going to lake erie the 31st of july for 2 weeks. so now were going the 7th, hopefully with my new old boat. wish me luck.

sherman

Good luck on the title -

reel good to hear you got her going again. i just got mine out of the shop where i really took a poking. now i cant get her registered. the people i bought her from gave me a bill of sale and the title. but the title only had the re-assignment of title to them. but they didnt give me one for me. so i,ve got to go to court and get a court order to get a title. they have my court date for the 3rd of aug. i was going to lake erie the 31st of july for 2 weeks. so now were going the 7th, hopefully with my new old boat. wish me luck.

sherman

Congratulations I'm sure it was a happy day for you.

Unfortunately my day wasn't so happy. Shake down trip today- both motors gave me trouble. Kicker never fired once and is going back to the shop tomorrow. Got in trouble when big motor died too and tore up prop on that. Wow. When will it end.

Congratulations I'm sure it was a happy day for you.

Unfortunately my day wasn't so happy. Shake down trip today- both motors gave me trouble. Kicker never fired once and is going back to the shop tomorrow. Got in trouble when big motor died too and tore up prop on that. Wow. When will it end.

i,ve been sayin that all year. hope your luck dont last as long as mine has. but i think im starting to see a little light. a very little light but a light all the same,lol. i wish you the best of luck. i feel your pain.

sherman

Thank you Sherman. Boats can be a pain.

I did a complete re-do of the interior (floors etc.) Started up big motor, had fuel running out of carb so tore it down and cleaned out floats and needle valve. Fixed.

Bought a used kicker, did complete install myself. Another pain, you know, hook up remote everything. Took me over a week when you count ordering all the control cables, steering bar connector, on and on..... But it worked great, started up, ran like a sewing machine. Throttle, gear shift, separate fuel system. Perfect.

Took it out to lake and everything went well ran down lake and anchored so son could fish a little. Tried kicker. NOTHING. Would not fire once. What the........ Well we'll run back and do a little trolling with big motor, yeah right. That started stalling. Acted like it was running out of gas. Realized ball was collapsed so in the mean time we'd drifted dangerously shallow and I tossed out the anchor. was able to get gas flowing again and in my distracted state of mind wound up the short anchor rope in the prop and tore the crap out of the prop. Limped back to launch and getting new prop today and dropping off kicker to be fixed (no spark now?). :(

Dang Sherm...does it ever end :eek:

dont mean to steal your thread. i can feel just how good it is to be able to usr your boat. just what did you do to get her up and running?? did you do a rebuild of your old motor, or take the offer for the crate long block??

hey eyes i was going to pm you but i didnt want to jinx things. my boat seems to be running good. and i just got the court date for my title. its the 3rd of aug. im going to the court house mon. and see if i can find out how it works. if i will get my court order for the title then, of if they mail it to me, or just how long before i can get it. i already talked to the license branch, and they told me as soon as i bring it in i can start using the boat. we had to change our plans from the 31st of july to the 7th of aug. so i may just get to take my boat to erie after all. its about time something went my way for a change. im looking awful hard at that little bity light at the end of the tunnel,LOL.

all you guys just keep me in your thoughts like we did for n II DEEP, and it will work out.

sherman

one more little thing. i hate that so many of you guys have had and are having troubles. but it seems i am in good company. and if you own a boat and if you cant just keep a new boat it seems there is always something ready to take a big bite out of your billfold. tune ups, oil changes, props, just something. i think most of us have just accepted that. but in these trying times its hard to accept. good luck to you all.

Well hopefully we got the boat (Cheri Leigh) back on the water, too. Did a second test run today on a local lake and all went well. Don't know if we'll chance the big lake tomorrow with all the T-storms popping up but if not maybe next weekend.