Marine Radio Antenae

Does anyone know who has the best price on a new antenae,just to keep my blood pressure in check lets just say it is broken,the one i'm trying to replace is a shakespear not sure if thats important but maybe. Thanks in advance,Randy

the best prices i,ve found was on ebay. i think you might be able to do a search on line and find something alittle cheaper, but i doubt it. the same antenna at bass pro and cabelas was cheaper on ebay. good luck.

sherman

I usually just go to West Marine and get mine. Pricier yes, but convenient for me and i have it today.

Shop around for the best price you can find, but dont buy a low quality antenna. A good antenna is what makes your communications happen.

Ive had this antenna for several years now and its served me well. I see the price is down about $18 from when i got mine. Theyre currently $182 at West Marine, although, i did get a killer deal on mine for $100 when they had a sale. Just browsing briefly online i found them for around $125-$140. Not sure about shipping costs, but im sure it aint purdy with the length.

Shakespeare 5225-FLT Galaxy Eliminator

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=1185479&langId=-1

Good luck whatever way you go.

I usually just go to West Marine and get mine. Pricier yes, but convenient for me and i have it today.

Shop around for the best price you can find, but dont buy a low quality antenna. A good antenna is what makes your communications happen.

Ive had this antenna for several years now and its served me well. I see the price is down about $18 from when i got mine. Theyre currently $182 at West Marine, although, i did get a killer deal on mine for $100 when they had a sale. Just browsing briefly online i found them for around $125-$140. Not sure about shipping costs, but im sure it aint purdy with the length.

Shakespeare 5225-FLT Galaxy Eliminator

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=1185479&langId=-1

Good luck whatever way you go.

yep this one is 182.99 at west marine. it is 152.61 on ebay with free shipping. and this is a good antenna.

sherman

Exactly! Dont go cheap on your anntenna. If it cost $50....its junk, unless you want a range of 3 miles. With the VHF....its all about the anntenna, and you get what you pay for.

Remember, thats the unit you may need to use to call for help one day.... Dont go cheap! Save that money elsewhere. :thumb:

i dont know what your planning on spending on an antenna. but that one sounds pretty good for what it is. if your looking for something in alittle better unit. the 5226-xt for 117.00 and free shipping then the 399-1 9' 6" 136.99 free shipping then the one im looking to get 5399 9' 6" 165.99 free shipping. all on ebay. i just figure the extra 1' 6" cant hurt anything.

sherman