6/21 Report Quanicasse and about

Fished with good buddy Dan Sahr aboard the North Forty today. We put in at Quanicassee around 9:00 am. Headed out to 1 & 2, set up in 22 fow headed west towards the black hole. Very slow to say the least. We picked away, sorting until we had 6 nice fish in the box at 2:00. We were on a south troll towards the dumping grounds on the west side of the channel and decided to pick up and head in about due west of the sparkplug. Bad move, we found out later that Paul Vantol and a couple others found a nice biting school in 17-18 fow near the sailboat boueys and the dumping grounds. Figures, we head in about a 15 minute troll from hot fish. Anyways, nice day on the water with friends. The usual Silver Streak spoons behind walker mini discs program. The 80' Blood Run setup took one keeper fish, and the slide diver took one also today. We pulled around a 7" fish on the 60' copper for who knows how long.

I went out this morning by myself set lines at 6am and was back to shore just after 7 with my limit. I fished the edge of the bar and the slot, i threw some buoys out a week or so ago and im still catching alot of fish around them, i could see buoy 2, you should try the bar and slot next time your out on the east side of the channel. Still trolling fire tiger crawler harnesses at 1.4 to 1.8. by the way one of my fishing buddies gave me some of your walleye killer crawler harnesses and they are working great.

Yep, we most likely drove right over lots of fish on our way out. I had it stuck in my mind that they were gonna be deep and it cost me a slow day. Glad to hear you did well on the R.I.P. rigs. Good job on the morning fish. I have lots of them left from the show season, so if you or anyone needs more..........:lol: