Brest Bay Report

Pat (tanglefactor2) and Trevor his cousin met me at my house at 5am. We drove to Lake Erie and stopped at the bait store to get some crawlers, ice, pop ect. When I bought the crawlers I was given a crawler harness for purchasing the 100 pack. I thought “coolâ€. As I was leaving the store I spotted another crawler harness on the ground someone had dropped. I picked it up and was examining it as I was walking. Then I stepped into a dip in the sidewalk. You know one of those spots that are lower to allow a wheel chair access to the sidewalk. I go down!:eek: As I go down I am think protect those crawlers so I roll. I must have crushed the Styrofoam container and crawlers went flying across the parking lot. In the mean time I jumped right back up and looked around to see if any one saw me so as not to embarrass my self. Of course the place was very busy and everyone witnessed that act. I was not injured, only my pride and my worm box. The guy in the store gave me another container and we were on our way.

There was about a 30-minute wait to launch at the state park but it did seem to move quickly.

We ran straight out of Sterling State Park and set up on some marks that I have used in about 18 fow. We set the big boards up and ran 3 hot & tots, 3 crawlers on 2oz bottom bouncers and spoons off of the down riggers. Before we got all of the lines set we took a hit on a purple crawler harness off the board. Nice 18†walleye. We were off to a good start. We continued to catch fish, a lot of sheep head and a few silver bass. We caught one small walleye off a spoon on the starboard rigger, released. I did not want to fish in the large pack of boats that was further out so we moved to the north to 28 fow. We continued to pick up large perch and another walleye and more sheep head. By now I am not running the boards due to the wind but we are running 6 lines out the back of the boat. Later in the day we moved back into the bay and picked up another walleye. So we ended the day with 3 walleye and 3 nice perch.

There was another 30-minute wait to get on a dock leaving the park. There was no waiting at the fish cleaning station. A few guys got their limits of fish but most ended up with none or only a few.

Tight lines.