New boat comes through!

Well guys have been out on the bay a few times now since becoming my own boat capt earlier this year. Finally pulled my first limit!

The fishing was smoking hot pulling in these fish in just under an hours time all while having 4 knock offs, numerous shorties and some sheepies. Was kinda ticked everyone who said they would fish today backed out. Should of had a lot more in the box today.

I do have to say, I was beginning to loose my bearings when all of my boards went back at once. But it was a hoot!

6-7-2011_one_man_box.jpg

All fish came pulling meat, colors did not seem to matter, but hammered green took most of the keepers. Purple took all of my sheephead. East of the plug 19-22 FOW.

Most of the shorties came between 8-15' back of the board 1 oz inline,

Most keepers came 15-25' back of the board 1 oz and 1.5 oz. Same was true as most have said, if you saw the suspended marks on the graph, typically the flags were going down.

Overall a great day on the water, wind started picking up. Set up at 5:45, last line pulled around 6:40...

Go get em boys, they are around

dont want to sound like a sm#$t as#. but the way you descride your trip it sounds like you may have been using to many poles. i believe you are only allowed 2 rods per legal fisherperson at any time. just thinking outloud. if you were you might want to think about that next time. and dont get me wrong im not saying you were but it does sound that way. have a great season.

and by the way a nice limit of eyes. congrats are in order.

sherman

dont want to sound like a sm#$t as#. but the way you descride your trip it sounds like you may have been using to many poles. i believe you are only allowed 2 rods per legal fisherperson at any time. just thinking outloud. if you were you might want to think about that next time. and dont get me wrong im not saying you were but it does sound that way. have a great season.

and by the way a nice limit of eyes. congrats are in order.

sherman

3 lines per man. This was changed a little while back.

Man i was really close to you today prolly another mile east did u see 3 guys in a duck boat, we hit a 3 man limit with 6 fish over 7 lbs, all on the fire tiger crawler harness dragging the bottom

I fished the evening, but really the entire night did not see a boat come close to me, it was very peaceful to say the least.

I noticed my bigger fish were coming deeper, I kept switching things up as all I caught for 20 minutes were shorties. I kept going deeper and deeper till I found some bigger fish.

I lost a nice one at the boat, maybe 4-5#'s but couldnt seal the deal netting it myself.

I did loose a IL board out there, has my name on it, number as well. If anyone see's it let me know, Id sure appreciate it

Ya i was back in by 1, i know its 3 rods a man, and im only in a 16 foot duck boat with a 25 on the back, i only run 4 rods ever with a yellow birds thats all you need anymore lines in the water and the more tangles

3 lines per man. This was changed a little while back.

my bad! i didnt know they changed it to 3. just didnt want you getting in trouble. i live in indiana and the 2 rod thing always bothered me. its been 3 in indiana as long as i can remember. i personally think you should be able to use as many as you can keep up with. on real slow days with 1 or 2 guys it would be nice to have a couple extra rods in the water. just to see what there hitting on. some days my long flat lines are hot others its the riggers or slide divers.

thanks for the pm setting me straught. you sure seem like a great guy. maby we,ll see each other on the water sometime. and like i said, great limit of eyes.

sherman

That's fine man hope to see u on the water, your from Indiana huh I know a good group of guys from Indiana. I'm a duck hunting guide on Saginaw bay and like 12 guys come and stay a week at my lodge, they always bring about 50 pounds of crawdads to cook up.

hey brent

have you been back out again?? catch any??

you was talking about your friends not showing up to go fishing. to bad i dont live closer to you. i use to fish lake mi from ice out until memerial weekend then move to erie. we fished just about every weekend for eyes on erie through july. now all the guys i fished with then are either dead or moved away. i had got sick about 10 yrs ago and just quit. then 2 yrs ago my oldest son wanted me to go with his family on vacation to erie. and he just doesnt do any other fishing. i told him yes. then i started trying to get out of it. but we all went, my wife who doesnt fish but loves to camp, and my sons family. he had to do most everything but we had a ball. got me started again. so as long as him or my other son will go and we have money for the gold gas you have to buy.LOL. i,ll keep going as long as i can. we like to fish geneva ohio in july and aug. its rough on the old pocket book.LOL. its 335 miles each way. just cant afford to make many trips. i would love to make a trip up to manistee mi around the first of sept. but thats another story. have a great great season

sherman