0700 we ran out to 100fow just west of the nets south of the pier in Muskegon- buddy moved net and it fell overboard:mad: Now, what??? You guessed it- we fished and managed to box all six fish off riggers 40-55 down. Nothing bigger than 8lbs. Flinstone mag NBK and moonshine Happy Meal took all the fish. Best troll was NW- gps also went belly-up so no speed, all old fasion way and a little help from the fish gods considering we paid them a pretty nice net:grin: Nothing in any of the bellies- fish were hungry all were hooked deep. Best to luck and have fun out there, we certainly did :no:

Good job in a tough situation. Those trap nets do give me the heebie jeebies sometimes, though. At least they were easily visible yesterday with the small waves. Did you see any bait balls? I only saw one bunch, and none of our fish had anything in the stomach either.

Bill,

No we didn't see any baite balls- but then I have to be honest, not sure what they look like?? Good luck fishing this season.

In my experience they're typically huge, hang down around 20 to 50 feet. Can't miss them. Last fall I saw a lot out of Muskegon. Not so much yet this year.

The season's just getting going good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Good kuck to you as well.