Went out again tonight with a few buddies. Got on the water at 5:45, Set lines in 100 ft when we started marking fish near where we fished this morning. First fish came in 150 FOW on a blue and sliver spoon that looks like an MJ (a Monica maybe :confused:) on the rigger 100ft down. Close to the boat and it started going crazy, charging the boat and stuff. We were very close to losing it due to a rookie on the net but managed to get it in the boat, a 13lb 10oz behemoth (the biggest fish I have ever caught on one of my boats).

Went a while with out a bit then got a double in 170 FOW on the 5 and 7 colors with the same spoons as this morning. Both of the fish were 4 lb steelhead. Made a turn to go back thru the way-point, noticed that the outside leadcore was dragging weird started to wind it in only to find that it had tied with the rigger on the opposite side of the boat and got the other lead core and diver on the same side. Ended up spending an hour getting the mess taken care of. Once we got done, it was starting to get a bit chilly (none of us dressed warm with it being so hot earlier) and the flies were driving us crazy. While pulling lines we found a tiny king on the 10 color with a blue dolphin on it. That one was release with a lot of life left in it. Took off for the piers at 9:15. Not as good of a trip as this morning but still enjoyable.

Summary: 4/4 2 kings deeper, 2 steel higher in 150-170 FOW southwest of the piers with SOG of 2.9 MPH

Pics

img_3848.jpg

img_3849.jpg

Troll in a strait line and the tangles will go away.;)

You would think I would have learned that in 5 years of fishing :no:

On a side note, how do you guys deal with flies on the boat? When I went out in the morning we didn't have a problem, but when we went out at night, they just swarmed the boat. It really was pretty miserable trying to set up poles and deal with tangles while being bitten all over. At one point, when my friend went down into the cabin, the walls and ceiling were literally black there were so many flies in there.

My biggest issue now is going to get everything back in running order for the WMFL event this Saturday. I have a busy week with graduations and things and I need to go through all of the tangled poles and figure out what it usable and what needs to be cut/replaced :mad: