Finally got the kitchen remodel to where the pressure is off and decided to take the boat out of storage and drop her in late yesterday afternoon for an operational test run. Everything ran good other than some issues with my troll master and we decided to wet a couple lines and hit a nice 6.5 lb superior king right away on an orange killer off the rigger and then nothing. Water temps were under 40 everywhere we went.

186.jpg

Decided to try it today regardless of the 30 mph wind forcast:eek:....the weather man was right on the money and it was brutal out there. Toughed it out for a few hours of getting tossed around and picked up 1 small coho on a J9 jointed rap and another on the slide diver with a modified caramel dolphin and a descent sized splake off the slide diver as well. Should be really nice tomorrow now that i have the boat out and i have to WORK!!:mad:

img_20110515_124221.jpg

40 deg water! Burr. Nice to get the boat out. Are you fishing the tournament next weekend?
Nice job Bromley. Good to see some slime on the deck for a change!!!

I am going to fish the tournament just not sure if we are going to fish lake trout or salmon division. It depends on the weather as they expanded the boundries so that you can fish the big reef this year and it is one of the top 3 big trout fisheries in lake superior.

It sure was nice getting the deck slimy.....only fished 8 times last year so i am already 1/4 of the way there!!!:thumb: