Cleaning smoke damaged tackle

I believe that my insurance has company has had a change of heart. I got a call from their corprate office late last night and have a meeting on monday. They told me that I am covered and that my agent had made a mistake when he said other wise. For some reason they have me meeting a different agent and adjuster than who I dealt with previously. So I hope I have turned the corner now that I am about ready to put the house back together. The lady I am buying the house from is paying for all the supplies and my and my crews time to get the house livable again. I think I should be back home by the middle of the may.

I will be having the house to the studs this weekend and the electrician in on tue/wed and after that I will be hanging drywall late next week and painting in 2 weeks. And then the kitchen cupboards and appliances

I guess in the end it looks like it will work out good with a little work.

I really appreciate all the help you guys have offered here, I am lucky enough to have my father and all his gear that will be able to keep us on the water this year.

Thank you All

Steve Kelly:grin:

Sorry to hear about the fire too, never a nice thing. I'd put every single lure and piece of tackle affected on the claim form and get all new. Heck, everything in lures changes so fast these days you could just be doing yourself a favor just shopping for new anyhow. I don't envy your spring cleaning, good luck.

Its good that they came around for you. Hope everything works out ok for you. When you get the check it will be like christmas at the tackle shop. IF yoiu tell them that you have x amout of dollars to spend at once to buy all new gear something they will even give a discount or throw in a few few items. We did that with goldcoast a few years ago when a friends boat was robbed.

hey steve

really glad to hear they changed there minds. im not a lawyer but i was pretty sure they would have to cover you they were taking your money. i had a bunch of stuff stole a few years ago. on my tools i had got mostly in sets which was alot cheaper than by the piece. but the ins company wouldnt let me turn it in that way. i had to get a list of the price for each piece to replace them. not what i had paid but what it cost for new ones. so make sure you list every piece. and the bow mount trolling motor i told you about in the other post, i think it is a 55 lb motor. so if your interested in it i will be home monday and can give you the no# for sure.

please have fun in the candy store when the ins settles up.

sherman