Out of storage and down on the road

Pulled the boat out at lunch today to haul back to work, about 2 miles from the shop I seen a little smoke from the trailer tire, so I slowed down to 10 MPH to make it to the shop, after work ran home grabbed my tools and a bearing kit.

just pulled everything apart, hub, spindle every thing is shot. not a place left to even put bearings.:mad::mad:

has any one every just replaced these items on a welded axle?

it looks like I can just cut off the old spindle and weld a new one in place.

or do I have to replace the whole axle? :( it is a 24 year old trailer, but I just replaced the bearings two years ago... kinda sucks:mad::mad::mad:

You can replace the spindle but you need to get the alignment right. A laser is the best way to do it. That being said, you can buy a whole new axle, with spindles, for around $100. Might want to think about that.

You can replace the spindle but you need to get the alignment right. A laser is the best way to do it. That being said, you can buy a whole new axle, with spindles, for around $100. Might want to think about that.

I might just go that route and not mess with it.

looks like 8 bolt hold the axle on just line it up and be done with it.

I might just go that route and not mess with it.

looks like 8 bolt hold the axle on just line it up and be done with it.

You might check with some trailer places and see how much it would be to replace the spindle. You may be able to get it done for what you are thinking about spending on an axle. I'll be replacing my bearings soon. They probably don't need it but I have one seal that leaks a little. Grease them when needed.

Pulled the axle, Richfield trailer in GR is going to cut the spindle off and weld a new one in, I guess this is a normal thing for them.

I talked to richfiled at the show tonight for you. They said they would be able to get that fixed for you. Ken there welder is really good. and if it isnt perfect he wont let it go.

I dropped out off to Ken yesterday, really good guy. Should have it back next week

I talked to richfiled at the show tonight for you. They said they would be able to get that fixed for you. Ken there welder is really good. and if it isnt perfect he wont let it go.