Place to launch on Erie

Ashman

i would go a few mile further and save some launch money and go to sterling state park. big launch 10 bucks all year, and quick to the lake cant go wrong. My boat will be moved over and put in brest bay marina last week of may. We stay at sterling state parks campgrounds. plus a fish cleaning station with electric to fillet your fish and not deal with guts at home. If i remember correctly it is about 15 minutes further south of the metro park. I wouldnt support metro parks as they are anti hunting.

If your fishing the south shore, dumping grounds, luna pier, toledo light, go a few miles farther south to Bolles Harbor. The new license plates with a state park passport gets you in there this year. It is the best best launch facility of all in terms of docks and no lines or waiting. Only drawback is no cleaning station.

What I meant was to launch at Bolles Harbor to fish the dumping grounds, Toledo Light or off of Luna Pier (green onion). It's a shorter run to those areas. You can launch at the marina's in Luna Pier for a fee but if you get a license with the new state parks passport, you can launch at Sterling or Bolles for free. The best ramps/docks,harbor area and short channel to the lake is at Bolles. If you need a cleaning station, go to Sterling.

What everyone else has said is spot on. The reason I listed EMP is it is the closest to Detroit with good launch facilities. I have never personally launched there for the reasons stated. I start in Bolles for the jig bite and then move to Sterling for May and June. After that my boat is on Lake Mi

What everyone else has said is spot on. The reason I listed EMP is it is the closest to Detroit with good launch facilities. I have never personally launched there for the reasons stated. I start in Bolles for the jig bite and then move to Sterling for May and June. After that my boat is on Lake Mi

Do you usually launch all the time or put your boat in a marina?

Brest bay is redoing a lot of their docks i heard and a month slip is 250. I am keeping mine there in a slip for june again. its really nice to avoid the lines at the launches in the morning. and the boat is ready to go when i get up in the morning.

Do you usually launch all the time or put your boat in a marina?

Brest bay is redoing a lot of their docks i heard and a month slip is 250. I am keeping mine there in a slip for june again. its really nice to avoid the lines at the launches in the morning. and the boat is ready to go when i get up in the morning.

I always launch. Ends up being better for me logistically and it's impossible to scrub off the junk that stains the bottom of my tin boat. Lines are rarely an issue for me as only 4 out of the 12 trips I'll do will be on the weekend.

You probably already know this but be careful with how you tie up your boat. Always a chance of a big west blow and having your rig sitting in the mud:(

I always launch. Ends up being better for me logistically and it's impossible to scrub off the junk that stains the bottom of my tin boat. Lines are rarely an issue for me as only 4 out of the 12 trips I'll do will be on the weekend.

You probably already know this but be careful with how you tie up your boat. Always a chance of a big west blow and having your rig sitting in the mud:(

Yep had the last year when the tornado took out cabelas.