The Bay 1/15-1/16

Another slow, uneventful weekend! Started Saturday morning out of Callahan Rd and went out to the northside of the reef and didn't catch anything. Saw a couple walleye and a nice school of perch came and went but nothing biting. From there we drove over to Vandy Park and sat down in about 4 FOW and saw some really nice perch but didn't get anything to bite. Talked to some guys on the way back in that were out off Thomas Rd in the slot and they said the walleye are out there but not hungry.

Sunday went to the mouth of the river, saw nothing, caught nothing. Talked to a group of guys that went out to the man made island at day break and caught one small perch and that was it. Talked to another guy that was fishing down at the mouth of the Kawkalin River and did nothing.

If anyone has any reports off Lexington or Pt. Sanilac in the harbors I would love to get one. I will either head out that way or go to Lake St. Claire and fish that next weekend. I'm about ready to give up on the bay.

As a side note, talked to another buddy of mine that fished on the Saginaw River by the Z bridge and said he helped fish two guys out of the river. He said the ice down that way was like swiss cheese.

If anyone has a more promising report please pass it along.

I was out on ST clair 3 times this year and while it was nice to get out I didn't catch enough to make it worth my money but at least I was fishing.

I am turning to inland lakes around here for now till my next bay trip next sunday.