Fish Heads Charters

Hi Mike,

I run a charter boat out of Linwood (Saginaw Bay). Let me know if any advice is needed. I'll be sure to chime in on the ice reports as I'm out on the Bay and or River every fishable day.

Capt. Tim Bristol

Fish Heads Charter Service

www.fishheadscharters.com

Capt. Tim, A warm welcome aboard. I hope to see you on the bay some day. I think you will like it here. Holler if you need anything.:)

Capt. Tim, A warm welcome aboard. I hope to see you on the bay some day. I think you will like it here. Holler if you need anything.:)

Frank, thanks for the welcome. I've seen your boat on my way up to Tawas over the years. Nice ride, I use to own an 89 myself. You do the same and don't hesitate to call if you need anything (seems like you usually have it under control though). Going out tommorrow if the wind/weather subsides. Will hopefully post some positive results. Name of the game =slow speeds+ long leads.

Frank, thanks for the welcome. I've seen your boat on my way up to Tawas over the years. Nice ride, I use to own an 89 myself. You do the same and don't hesitate to call if you need anything (seems like you usually have it under control though). Going out tommorrow if the wind/weather subsides. Will hopefully post some positive results. Name of the game =slow speeds+ long leads.

Capt. Tim, That Islander is just like me, OLD and SLOW.:lol: I just keep putting my time in and hope for the best. GL tomorrow. If you ever have the time stop on in.:)

Thanks Frank, might just do that one day. Most of this summer once the fishing got tough on the inner, I was running most of my trips up your way. Nice to see everything back to "normal", there were alot of cranky fisherman down my way

Thanks Frank, might just do that one day. Most of this summer once the fishing got tough on the inner, I was running most of my trips up your way. Nice to see everything back to "normal", there were alot of cranky fisherman down my way

I think some of the bay fishermen thought that the 2008 and 2009 seasons was the way it would always be. Those two years were cooler than normal and 2010 was hotter than normal. Fish are like humans, they want to eat and be comfortable. BTW We do send all the cranky fishermen South.:lol: I'm the only grumpy old guy up here.:lol:

I think some of the bay fishermen thought that the 2008 and 2009 seasons was the way it would always be. Those two years were cooler than normal and 2010 was hotter than normal. Fish are like humans, they want to eat and be comfortable. BTW We do send all the cranky fishermen South.:lol: I'm the only grumpy old guy up here.:lol:

Well put Frank, that's all most Bay fisherman needed to know in about four sentences. Alot of people panicked this year. Every bit of it had to do with the record book inner and outer bay temps (highest I personally recorded was 85 degrees surface 5 miles SE of Pt. Au Gres late July. I've heard everything from botched stocking efforts, overharvesting, etc. After today, proof is in the pudding those fish were up in cooler waters eating good, real good. (See report). Btw, when I'm on my way home from Tawas headed south, I immediatly get crankier once I pass Standish.