Wife and I hit Pt Sanilac for some shallow water fishing. Met the water with some nice sets of rollers coming from the NE to the tune or 2-4 footers, and add some NW winds on top to get a nice chop on top of the rollers. Set the riggers and a couple flat lines. 2nd pass yielded a feisty brown off the flat line. Swung boat back around and lit into a nice laker on a spoon set 11 down off the rigger. Thought action was going to be hot and heavy, then it just died. Headed out to deep water in search of more action but the fish we marked were dormant. Trolled in toward cherry creek and continued to work shallow waters, hit a smallmouth on the flat line, felt sorry for this guy as he had some bad growths on it. Before long bagged 2 more steelies and another laker.

Most fish came in water 11-30', with the largest steelie hitting the rigger 7' down 30 back. Guess they aren't too boat shy. Would like to get back out but the weather for the rest of the week sounds crappy, especially the wind predictions. The lakers and the smallmouth were returned back to the water.

It is nice fishing this time of year, we were the only boat out there!

004-3.jpg

001-11.jpg

002-5.jpg

That's a great day on the water. Let me know next time you're looking to go, we can swap. You come in and work for me in the office and I'll fish for you? Sound good?:grin: Just kidding. Nice looking fish....