Finally Finished > New Kicker Motor

jimcr

Well after a long wait for the correct parts the install is finished. A new 15hp 4 stroke kicker , to save the hours from being added up on my main motor,have 195hrs for one season. Full controls and a steering rod to connect the 2 motors .Had to disassemble the back of the boat for the install. Have about 2 weeks left to fish , have surgery on the 28th . Will be out of commission for 12-16 weeks. Not quite enough time to get it broken in but hoping to get at least 10hours on it before it gets put away for the season.

Tight Lines

Jim

m_pa050007_339736.jpg

m_pa050008_893835.jpg

I added a 9.5 to my old 66 starcraft holiday, would never go out without it now!!!Im in ludington I fish the point alot and to use the big motor to fish all day it was costing me about $40 in gas alone( I know you guys with twin inboards this is normal) but with the kicker now i can fish 6-8hrs with 6 mile run each way for about $20 in fuel! And the added piece of mind in case big engine fails is priceless and now the wife doesnt mind going out more ,1 I now have a driver, 2 she doesnt complaine how much i fish ,3 we can afford to fish more,3 she now understands why I bought electric downrigger and alot of my gear and now is more supportive of my spending....shes buying me another big john captian pak for x-mas!!!! No down side to it for me.

Looks great Jim:thumb: I am not sure how much, but i know i save A LOT of $$$$ since i started running a kicker. This is a good problem to have, but with a 90 gal fuel tank it made me nervous the first year running it with a full tank and having to treat the fuel due to the high ethanol content because i just wasnt burning fuel:D