Frankfort/Arcadia/Onekama

Despite my optimism, mother nature screwed us again.... The predicted light winds for Saturday morning had been moved to saturday night. Anyway, not much to report. Had a great time with the crew. Fished saturday night out of Frankfort, went to the herring hole nothing. Wanted to be out front of the piers right at dark and nothing there either. I did get boarded by the coast guard on the way in, it was interesting, they don't give stickers anymore instead I got a sheet of paper noting that my boat meets their safety standards.

Sunday A.M. launched out of Arcadia in the dark and motored out. Messed around in 100fow'ish and then put er' on a west troll. Switched lures for a while and made it out to 600fow with only one steelhead to show for our efforts, which was caught on the freshly tied 45# 125' CU. Was marking a lot of bait in 550fow, did a few figure eights and there was bait all over, but no fish. BIL caught 5 in between Onekama and Manistee. We made one pass thru the barrel for grins b4 we packed it in.

Monday A.M. launched out of Onekama, left the dock @ 6:30 and made our way out. Dropped lines and headed SW to the area where Eli got his fish on sunday. took 4 fish, all juvenile's. 2 kings, and 2 steelies. Deep today.

We had a great time regardless of the less than ideal conditions. I thought about hitting the deep water off Arcadia or Frankfort, but didn't want to get caught off shore in possible bad conditions. Will be going up again hopefully soon,and hopefully the damn fish cooperate. Good numbers in the river

The worst part is, between the 3 boats out fishing this weekend that I know personally, my boat being one of them, we covered a lot of water and cumulatively didn't catch good numbers of fish. But that's fishing.

Nice job Eric! 22# laker:thumb: Season's not over yet, however some nice weather (stable) I think would help things out a ton. The mid southern ports have been producing decent fishing in general from what I've been reading lately....they can run, but they can't hid