Straits 8/23-24 Bittersweet

Got out Monday morning, evening and tuesday morning. Bittersweet outing. Got nada both mornings. Monday night was both one of the best and worst fishing outings since I started. We boated 6 fish. I know how can that be bad? The biggest one was 16". We drug the second around for an hour wasting time. Action was hot and heavy when we could detect a bite. It was mostly hey I think there might be one on there and you couldn't tell even after you released it. Then it would get within six feet and it was like. Yep it's a fish and we would lift it into the cooler. Tasty filets but not real exciting. Just a tip for up there we couldn't keep a small pink alewife in the water.

A lot of easterly wind that has traditional areas full of warm water. The strong westerly winds this week will hopefully put things back to "normal"

we were out there Monday night on the 23 rd. We fished on the East side of the the island and caught two coho and lost two fish one of which felt like possibly a king. We then went around the north side of the island and was crossing the drop off toward St. Ignace when we began marking lots of fish. We hooked a small king and a nice lake trout. Both these were on glow spoons well after dark on Dipsys. They were both moonshine glow spoons. The waves got pretty large about 10 pm and we called it a night. It sure is great fishing around Mackinaw Island and I enjoy getting up there on the water.

We caught 1 small king and I think the rest were coho or steelhead. I'm not great at the fish ID.

Chris,

Yeah it's hard to beat the scenery there. I enjoy trying to figure out the puzzle because there are so many different area's to fish.