harbor beach \port sanilac

Hope you are doing well after surgery. We fish Port Sanilac all the time. We've been going right straight out of the harbor to 70 to 90 feet of water and doing good. Mixed bags are the norm all the time. The last time we went out, last Wednesday, we marked an aweful lot of fish just east of the bouy out there in about 75 ft. of water. We didn't stay long cuz I have an ear infection and that doesn't mix well with 2 to 3 footers! We've been getting our best catches off of spoons run anywhere from 25 ft. down to 55 ft. down. Blue diamond backs, Kevorkian, Michael Jackson seems like anything in that order has been catching fish. We haven't picked up any walleye yet this year, but heard boats were running mini divers and catching those. We were running into some large pods of big fish the finder was telling us. I'm wondering if those are kings staging for the fall. Like I said, we only fished for a half an hour and had to quit so we didn't catch anything. Forb the amount of fish the finder was picking up in spots I don't know how we weren't snagging them trolling thru. Hope this info helps.

Harbor Beach has been decent though I havent been out in a week. Last Sunday we took 12 fish, 5 lakers, 5 walleye, and 2 steelhead. The previous trip we hooked into 12 steelies but only caught 6 and and also 3 salmon, 2 of which were pinks and 1 coho. Few guys have taken atlantics and some say kings but I believe it when i see it. This past weekend the wond may have shaken things up but I doubt it ruined the fishing, just will take a few days to relocate them. I been fishing 80-125 f.o.w off of port hope, but I have many good waypoints 3-4 miles north of the harbor in the same depth of water. Water has been clear so its important to get baits away from the boat. I will run 6 boards, 4 dipseys, and 2 downriggers. On the boards 3 colors to 300 copper with stinger spoons and mini streaks. One day its orange and gold, the next its green and silver. Big trout off the bottom with dodgers and spinning glows. Pink and green on both. In the last 3 weeks I have heard a dozen trout caught over 12lbs. Anything else you want to know, just let me know.

TD

Been fishing Sanilac for several weekends now, have been doing fairly good. Steelhead action has slowed but seems to be more coho in now. Been picking up a mixed bag every trip, steels, coho, laker, eyes, pink, and even got a nice atlantic a week ago. Walleyes are in the top 35', running the mini disk with spoons and deep body baits off the big boards. Steelies and ho's coming off the riggers set at various depths with the sliders running spoons. Still haven't hit on a king this season but still have faith.

Been fishing anywhere from 60-115' water, fish have been scattered due to the winds and surf, find a pod of fish and work them hard seems to be my key to success.