Hit the water before daylight and got set up just before light. Marked plenty fish until the sun came up, then they seemed to disappear. Worked a lot of water trying to pin down the fish, from 50' - 115. Ran an all spoon program for the day, 4 riggers with sliders and 2 mini disk off the side. Early bite was light as the fish would pop the rigger and nobody home. Later in the day they got a bit more active and bit solid. Ended the day with 2 coho, 2 steel, 2 walleye and 1 atlantic. Not a lot of active chatter on the radio. Overall, slow but none-the-less still enjoyable. All silver fish off the riggers, the eyes off the mini disk.

The morning sunrise:

0815000643.jpg

The catch:

002-2.jpg

Were you out on Friday 8-13 also, we fished out of Sanilac for the second time this year and got skunked. We talked to someone on the radio but did not catch their handle. The guy told us that he had been doing good all year long figured maybe it was you. We fished north of the harbor in 70-105 feet of water and did not hit anything. Marked alot but nothing until we got in below 85 ft. Nice catch doing us east siders justice. I usually head to Harbor Beach and catch fish but figured I would try Sanilac due to the great reports, Oh well maybe next time we will get on them. Again nice job Bill

Yes Chris I was out there friday evening. I went out with a buddy that has an older model bird fishfinder and felt it wasn't marking well. I have an extra X67C that I use for ice fishing so we rigged it up with a portable ducer so he could compare the two fishfinders and took it out for a test run. We were only out for a couple hours and can't say we did any serious fishing but did get to enjoy the ever increasing wave size as she got pretty rough out there.

Keep at it, the fish are there but seem to be scattered due to all the recent high winds and storms that have went through.