Once again the wind reports did not match actuality. Launched before daylight to try the dark bite. Started in 40' and worked out deeper from there. Ran the big boards for a bit after it became light out. Winds were out of the north then switched around and came from the south and increased making it impossible to run the big boards so pulled them and just ran the riggers.

Seems like the big blow earlier really scattered the fish, had a hard time locating any real big bait pods. Pulled up a coho in the morning then nothing. The fish we continued to mark were negative. Near 2:00 I asked my buddy if he had had enough as the waves were up and we were taking a pretty good rough ride. But as it was his first trip out this year he said he wouldn't mind staying longer. Good thing, shortly thereafter we hit a stretch of fish and action was good. We bagged 3 steelies, another coho, and a pink, lost another steelie at the boat as it lunged and broke the line, another that we didn't know what it was. The steelies put on a great show with plenty of jumps and flips. We also ended up with a bonus boat cushion that came floating by.

Perch report had been good earlier in the week with some nice catches being taken but they too were turned off and nobody was getting any. Would be nice to get some stable weather, my back was killing me by the time we got off the water due to the high surf. Guess I had to take a little punishment to get some fish.

0807001832a.jpg

0807001420.jpg

we went out tonight and went 0/3......ugh!! Had my dad out there and he has never trolled for the big ones. We were a little less than elegant on rod hand-offs with him so I totally take the blame. Marking some fish but they sure aren't as concentrated as they we before the north blow we had a couple days ago. It will settle back in within a couple days. Tight lines ya'll, and I'll take my own advice there, too!