oil spill asian carp and kids who want to learn

diesel

first off i know everyone is sick of hearing about asian carp so sorry in advance.

with the oil in the kalamazoo river it made me sit back and think and i hope alot of other people did also. it made me wonder if this is the begining of the end did i teach the kids i introduced to fishing and hunting the correct way of being a member of the hunting and fishing community? did i with my own kids teach them to respect nature tread lightly because this could all be gone in the future? i belive i taught them all conservation and respect for their fellow hunters and fishermen/women.

i had my girlfriends son ask me the other night about what the big deal of asian carp is, so i explained to him what they are caplable of doing and the look on his face was one of holy crap. few people on here know me personally and even fewer know any of my kids. and i have had the privalge to take hunter out on the big lake for his first time this year and he loved it. so while me and a few other friends were talking about the fishing and hunting and what might happen to it he asked "if i have kids well i be able to even take them fishing or will you be able to take them fishing if and when he desides to have any (by the way he is only 12). i couldnt give him a honest answer cause i dont know.

but he has logged on here under my name and has read alot of the post because he really wants to learn conservation and true SPOTSMENSHIP. i myself have made a few posts that prob. were not in the sportsmenship manner and @itched and complained and i have no excusse for it. he has pointed out other adults who also have not posted a mentors.

i know that i am just a member of this site and have to respect the rules like everyone else. but it took a 12 year to make me realize i was acting like i was 12. so i am just asking on behalf of any other parents on this site who allow thier childern to read the post because they show an intrest lets all act like sportsmen and teach the future of our fav past time if it be fishing or hunting to our childern and any of those childern that want to learn how to be sportsmen