Can I run planer boards on Mono???

I want to add 2 boards to my spread to get another 2 poles in the water, question is Can I use these boards with monofilament line? I don't want to get into copper or braid, I'm trying to keep it reel and under control with the spending...Any and all advice is accepted and appreciated.:grin::rolleyes:

Most certainly. People do it all day long. Everyone uses mono or braid as backer for copper anyways. No clipping to board(at least not me). Walleye fisherman and spring salmon use flatlines(mono) on big boards and inlines all the time. If u want to use a shallow rod for salmon u can use small dive bombs or snap weights to.

If u meant divers (not sure) then yes also. Not as good of depth and tough to trip/release with the stretch of line.

Hope this helps:D

If u want to do that i would get some 40pound pp and a few torpedos. You can run braid off the board with a leader on it. They come with depth charts and you can fish them anywhere with out having alot of rods. I wouldnt go all mono tho theres alot of strech in it and braid would be better if you have 150ft or more.

Getting more lines out does not equal more fish thought. If you want more fish, than you need to get the baits in the zone the fish are at. Mono on board will work, but this year we have loads of warm water in close, and the fish are deep. Unless your out at predawn, you most likely will be fishing above the fish.

This time of year the fish are alittle deep. but later on I run 6-8 ounce snap weights off boards and run plugs behind em with quite a bit of success actually. I tried the torpedos last year I tried the very large cuda size and there is no way an inline will pull the big size and then got researching them and they want you to run them on wire so it does the same job as a dipsy at a quarter more of the price.

getting more lines out does not equal more fish thought. If you want more fish, than you need to get the baits in the zone the fish are at. Mono on board will work, but this year we have loads of warm water in close, and the fish are deep. Unless your out at predawn, you most likely will be fishing above the fish.

for sure i totally agree!!

warm water isn't the word I'd use, Bath water is close to it, we were in Ludington last week and 10 feet down was 78* water, and swimming at the stick was like taking a bath in your clothes.... yeck.... thanks guys..

warm water isn't the word I'd use, Bath water is close to it, we were in Ludington last week and 10 feet down was 78* water, and swimming at the stick was like taking a bath in your clothes.... yeck.... thanks guys..

Yea I know where all the cold water is , its on this side of the pond, we need some east winds , the fish are scattered from 30 to 50 ft .

I Have 2 church boards and i had hard time with them in as littel as 1 ft waves. As board hit wave it would drop back then shoot forward, I was using 30lb mono I think it was the mono stretching ? I switched to 40lb power pro and no more problems. I had others aboard who use theses boards and they could only tell me to change to braided line. I did notice when useing boards on my dipsy rods without dipsey that helped as rod didnt flex as much.