Well, I have some kind of report. We left my house about 5:30 for Manistee. Got to the Sheperd exit and the cover over the bimini had come loose so we stopped. Noticed a warm smell and the hubs on the front axle were hot. Went over to my sisters house and jacked up the trailer. The brakes had locked up. Bled them then drove back to my house to get more grease so we could repack the bearings. Got everything reset then took the back way over to Winn. Same hubs were warm. Added more grease then took off. Got up to US-10 and they were heating up again. Finally said screw it and pulled the bleeder valve out of 1 of the calipers. Took off and checked them again down the road and they were cooling off. Ran about 15 miles and checked again, cool as a cucumber. So we were finally off and running. Got a call from Steve saying he had room for us in a tent so we didn't have to worry about that. Got to Insta-Launch about 12:30 am and decided to sit around the fire drinking beer. Got to bed when Steve got up to go fishing, about 4:30. Got up at the crack of 8:30 and made our way to the water. Set up in 80' just north of the piers around 10 am and trolled NNW before turning around. Called it quits about noon because the crew (me included) weren't feeling so hot. Packed up and headed home without a hit. No issues on the way home so it was uneventful except for not noticing that we weren't on 55 until we hit Bear Lake. Not much of a fishing report but we did mark a bunch of fish in the 95-115' water.

Something in the brake system is holding residual pressure on your calipers. The usual suspects are the master cylinder sticking from a ridge of rust or corrosion or your brake hoses are coming apart inside and a flap of rubber is acting as a one way check valve.

Something in the brake system is holding residual pressure on your calipers. The usual suspects are the master cylinder sticking from a ridge of rust or corrosion or your brake hoses are coming apart inside and a flap of rubber is acting as a one way check valve.

There was quite a bit of rust inside the cylinder since it had no fluid in it. Should I just replace the cylinder? Or redo the whole system, cylinder, lines and calipers?