New Buffalo AM and PM 7-17

Hit the water at about 6:00am and had lines set by 6:30 in about 40 FOW due to some tips about the cold water being in close. I dont have a probe but thought id give it a go since it was so slow for me deep last weekend. Well trolled toward deeper water and worked the depths of 40-80' going 4 for 10 with one king and three lakers. 50-70 took all the fish. All lost seemed like kings and a couple of them were nice fish. Pulled lines at 12:30 and headed in. What worked:

• 1. Dipsy on 2 out 100 blue bubble SD with matching fly 2 for 3
    2. Dipsy on 2 out 80-125 green pro troll with green glow fly 1 for 4
    3. Flounder Pounder down 30-60' 0 for 2
    4. 7 color with a blue mag pro king 1 for 1

Came back after lunch and set lines at about 4 and fished till dusk. Worked from 50-70 with 60 being the best. Went 7 for 8 with one coho, one king, one steelie and four lakers. What worked:

• 1. Dipsy on 2 out 90 blue bubble SD with matching fly 1 for 1
    2. HOT Rigger 10' off bottom with a mag bloody nose 6 for 7 (I really didnt need to run any other lines as they were dead)

Was a really slow day for us and all fish came spread out through the day. We put a long day on the water and seemed all we could get was grease. The biggest king we got was 14.5# and the biggest laker was 16# all others were average sized 6-10#. I am looking forward to the big ones to come.