Okuma classic pro glt copper/leadcore rod

I'm thinking about getting a couple of these rods. Currently my dipsys are 7 ft rods, my coppers are on 9.5 ft rods and my lead lines are on 8.5 ft rods. I was thinking these 8.5 ft rods would fit better than the longer 9.5 ft rods. Has anyone used them? Likes/dislikes? Do they have a fast tip? Do they have nice parabolic bend? Best price?

Thanks

I like the 8.5ft okuma classics. Actually like the style from the past (with the round handles). I'm not a big fan of the new triangle handles. They are fairly priced at about $40. The stainless eyelets on the new GLT series are great. They don't have any issues with wearing out from copper or core.

I just bought one last week, set it up with 225 copper, but only fished for a short time Saturday in the bumpy water. The only fish came on a different line, so I can't say a whole lot about it. The knots went through the eyes well, seems like a decent rod.

I have some of the older style and newer. I am a fan of both. I have one new style 8.5' rigged as my wire dipsy rod. Seems to work fine for that. Have another new style rigged with leadcore and works nicely also. I have used the older style for a few years for core and copper with much success.

i have 6 on my boat. when you go to buy them make sure they are of the newer rods within the last few months. they had a problem with tip breakage because the machine they use to sand the blanks was sanding them to thin near the second guide from the tip. Okuma had a recall but some stores didn't follow what they were supposed to do and get the new tips for their rods on the shelves. if you do happen to have an older one call okuma ask for Mike Bennett he is in charge of the recall and will get new tip sections out to you pronto. As far as like they are a great rod with the new tips and i have used and abused them with the new tips with no problems.

They are nice for copper. We have a dozen of them and still have a few eyelets pop off, but that is why we bought them locally so we can make quick warranty equipment changes when things break. The triangle handle seemed goofy to me too, but is really more grippaple and it helps hold the reel upright better than a round handle, and that is especially nice for kids and newbs. Price is right too, buy a couple spares.

How can you tell if they are new or old? I picked them up online from Tackle Haven. Thanks for the warning.

call them and ask them if they have rotated all their stock a couple times before you got yours. there reall is no way to tell. i email them as i had four of the original six break to complain about junk quality rods and got a phone call in like three hours from this mike bennette. if they were a recent purchase then you should be ok. if they were from last winter during the sport shows call mike. the first few major shipments were the problems.