Muskegon Shootout blues

I would call it a a tourney from #$^%$ our weekend in the Muskegon Shootout started with my boat dieing as we left the dock to go stage for the start. So we had to transfer to Marks boat which was 28 miles away. Broke a brand new 300 copper rod while setting up finally and fished for 6 hours to come in with 3 small fish. Thought oh well I guess we have been due for a bad day sort it out and try and make a comeback on Sunday. Left this morning with a solid game plan only the front that moved thru took all our fish away with it SO we sat down on a empty hole but grabbed a nice Brown so that was a bonus to get a Brown on a 300 copper with a plug on it. Spent the rest of the day going the wrong way looking for fish and ended up with 4 only to have Marks boat start running like crap and having to nearly troll in. We made weigh in with our little box and thought we at least won the Combo 333 but missed by roughly a pound. Helped Mark put new plugs in his boat took it for a short run and he went to run it back. It made it back but was messing up again when he got there so is likely we both got a batch of bad fuel this weekend. The sad part is had my boat ran we would have been on the fish Sat Morn and likely would have followed the pack up on Sun. But seeing we had a 22lb 3 fish box and there were several 100 lb plus 10 fish boxes we spent the day looking for a kicker fish for our combo box but even though our Brown and Steelhead were bigger we got beat by a bigger King. So missed the 500 dollar combo by roughly 1 pound. I guess all in all we still made the best of it and had we followed the pack to the Point we would likely still be there cause we would not have made it back. On the bright side we found that having Steve drinking beer on the swim platform with his feet in the water and Jay joining him after the first fish Sat landed us 3 fish in the last 45 min before we had to pull lines and run in so we did not get skunked and we were never in last place. We ended up 25th out of 34 and maybe that is not bad for all the problems we had.

I would have to say work was looking pretty good several times. Can't say how many times I tried to figure out what my final bill would be for the weekend or Marks for that matter. I did not mention that we lost another cannonball today cause the Blacks release broke below the probe thank God. July has not been nice on my wallet so far we have had problems we have never had and in bunches. The funny thing is we had a couple of knocks offs that came up empty but we did not lose a single fish that was hooked up when we got to the rods. And to top it off I just remembered that I needed to put the canvas back on the boat in the pouring rain. I almost said to heck with it and left it open what the heck it is insured.

NOT FUN. NOT FUN at all.

Still have to figure out my engine issues as the new plugs we put it at GLM worked up until the stack at PS. Limped in the last mile at 7mph. I think we only went through $250 in gas though, so it was a GREAT deal.:mad:

The 8lb BROWN we caught may be our saving grace. Hopefully we can win the siggs comp for July. PLEASE vote for us.:thumb:

Jay has the pictures.

Been there done that Maniac, I feel your pain. Momma said there'd be days like this!

Yep but I hope it is over cause has been a bad month so far and days like this have my wife talking about selling the boat. And make me want to start drinking again LOL.

Here is the only way we were able to catch fish on Sturday.

NO JOKE. 3 fish only came when these clowns were dragging there feet in the water to cool off and drinking beers.

muskegon_shootout.jpg

Them boys look a little Red!