Fished out of Sturgeon Bay this weekend with my Wife and my parents for our maiden voyage on our new boat. Friday morning we headed out to the bank and fished from 5:00to 10:00 going 10 for 14. We set up on a N troll and before we had our third line in the water we had a double on the dipsies. From then on we had pretty steady action with a few more doubles mixed in. Most of the fish came on riggers but we also took a few on dipsies and copper using a mix of flies and spoons. We caught fish everywhere from 100 to 170 FOW with no real standout depths. Here is what worked for us.

Mag dipsy, 180 back, 11" white crush glow protroll & green glow fly (10# king)

Mag dipsy, 150 back, white crush glow SD & blue glow fly (8#,5# kings)

DR 90 DN, mag flounder pounder, (8#, 16# kings, miss)

DR 80 DN, chrome hotspot & aqua fly, (12#, 14# kings)

DR 90 DN, mag happee meal, (5#, 7# kings, miss)

300 copper, mag Mongolian beef, (missed a big one :mad:)

200 copper, mag blue dolphin, ( small king)

img_6519_761281_thumb.jpg

img_6498_999493_thumb.jpg

img_6516_962427_thumb.jpg

We headed out again on Sat. for an afternoon trip fishing from 12 to 6 ending up going 10 for 12. The fish had defiantly move since Friday morning. We found them much shallower up on top of the bank in 40 to 80 FOW. Riggers took top honers taking 8 of the 12 hits. We also had to troll much slower than the day before with 2.2 SOG being our best speed. We also only took one hit going north the rest were all south. Here is what worked for us:

DR, 45 DN, mag happee meal, (13#, 7#, 16#, 17#, 7# kings, 5# steel)

DR, 100 DN, Mag happee meal, (3# king)

DR, 45 DN, chrome hotspot & aqua fly (10# king)

half core, mag sarge, (miss)

150 copper, white crush glow protroll & iridescent fly (10# king)

300 copper, mag blue dolphin, (miss)

dipsy, 150 back, 3 setting, white crush glow SD & green glow fly (4# laker)

We also snagged two alewife on a mag blue dolphin spoon:D

img_6553_283904_thumb.jpg

img_6572_991555_thumb.jpg

img_6585.jpg

img_6586.jpg

Edited by Nailer
tried to fix images :(

Kyle, Had the Baha out for 5 days during that time. What does your boat look like? Fishing can't get much better in Wi then the Bank has been thats for sure. Thanks, Chris

The Bank has definitely been hot. How did you guys do? I just posted some pics of our new boat here, take a look.

Saw you guys alot, nice to know another boat. Kyle I don't have any pictures and if I told you how we did with no proof I don't want to be known as a internet "pro". Here goes, from last thursday to monday am we made 5 trips and averaged 17 per trip for the group, giving a bunch to the landlords of the house we rent and a big salmon feast on sunday. 90% on fly's. 3 colors stood out. My Fav fly of LBB, crinkle mirage with dark green rubber skirt on top(yellow beads), double aqua with dark green rubber skirt(2 green,2 yellow beads) and a LBB with light green beads that we found with a live 14lb king floating on top with that fly and a blue flasher(opti tackle) in her. Best trip ever. Fished TIGHT to the edge and north. When I came back on tuesday, Reel Action Charters down the dock came in with 23 in 60 minutes, Scott also posted it on his website. Fished the same area over the weekend. Back in a week for more fishing, Chris

Nice work Chris, it sure has been fun out there lately. The charter guys must be loving life right now being able to get off the water with a short trip and a full box so often. It looks like I will be out there again an Sat. as long as the wind cooperates.