Linwood 5/25/10

Well, Dad and I hit the Bay today. Didnt find a large concentration of fish, but small pods scattered about. Action wasnt fast and furious or slow, just nice and steady which is just fine by me. It didnt take long and we had boated our 10 keepers along with several undersized. Played the C & R game tossing back another 17 keepers before calling it a day. Sublegals included, we were right close to 50 fish landed.

Most fish were holding 7-15' down over 24'. We ran 1 oz. inlines with harnesses. The bulk of the fish were taken from 20-30 back, although we took some fish at 35' and 40' back. Chartruese was without a doubt the best choice. I started out with a variety and it didnt take long to see thats what they wanted. By days end we were loaded up 6 rods strong with chartruese bead strings and watermelon silver astrobrite blades from Bait Rigs. Speed was 1.3 for the most part, but a few times we kicked it up to 1.6 and had rods poppin'.

Fished with Dad, the fish bit, wind was light out of the NE, no bugs, temps were comfortable. Top that off with some BBQ chicken....I call that a perfect day.

It wasnt. Get a fish, plenty of time to reset, get a drink, b.s. get another one on. Only had a few chaotic flurries where all hell broke loose. I think its about to go gang busters on da Bay Ken. Water was up to 69* today. I was shocked to see that temp!

You are correct sir! I think that the walleye fishing is going to be real good here very soon. Water was 55* when I was out with Frank a couple weeks ago, that's a significant increase in water temp. should really get things going...

Nice job on the fish:thumb:

Sounds like a great day for sure. I am new to this site although I have fished the bay the last couple years. Alot of great information passed here by a good bunch of guys.

We are coming over this weekend ( 2nd trip this year ) and hope to do better than the last. We were there the weekend of the tournament out of Linwood, we caught a few but it was very slow. Sounds like the water temp is really coming up fast. Any advice for this weekend would be appreciated. My son and I will be coming over from Grand Haven, sounds like it`s gonna be a nice weekend.

I went out today and got run off by the bugs. I started in the sailboat bouys and then headed east of the channel and all I got was one big cat. It was dead calm out there today. There is a lot of stuff floating on the surface, almost like we need some wind to push that stuff out.

I was fishing around the spark plug Ron. Fish were in the upper portion of the water column. Plenty around, just not in a big bunch. Seemed to be small pods scattered about. Im gonna head out tomorrow, so hopefully ill have another promising report.

Sounds like a great day for sure. I am new to this site although I have fished the bay the last couple years. Alot of great information passed here by a good bunch of guys.

We are coming over this weekend ( 2nd trip this year ) and hope to do better than the last. We were there the weekend of the tournament out of Linwood, we caught a few but it was very slow. Sounds like the water temp is really coming up fast. Any advice for this weekend would be appreciated. My son and I will be coming over from Grand Haven, sounds like it`s gonna be a nice weekend.

Welcome aboard Ron