Was out from 1600 hrs to 2000 hrs. Not a bump all night, one other boat reported the same on the radio. This makes 4 skunks in a row for us with not even a fish hooked in all the trips. We've tried slowing our troll with buckets and speeding up. We're running 2-4 color cores, dipsy w/flasher fly, downriggers and high lines...is there any tips that anyone could offer up. Needless to say getting a little frustrated and have zero confidence. Thanks!

Give it time. I fish out of Grand Haven and we don't usually get much of anything until mid- May. You can try fishing the shallows with long leads and run a few boards with rapalas or thin fish. Also, find the warmer water with baitfish. They need to eat so they should be close. We usually fish the river mouth in G.H. on the early cruises. Don't forget structure, it always important. The kings should be around in a couple weeks. I'm hoping to do a shakedown run this weekend if the lightning holds off. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

Bob

Andrew the results you are posting are no supprise relax a bit after noon fishing is not here yet. early to mid morning should be a better bite in close 12 to 20ft of water body baits and spoons. and work the mud lines around the peirheads for walleye and fallbacks with the chance at a Brown or salmon mixed in. I have not even started to prep the boat yet to fish have just been doing some minor changes and some layout changes. Soon very soon it will be time.

Look at last years or the year befores fishing reports. You will get an idea on when the fishing will start to pick up in Muskegon. I started getting a few around the first week of May.