Had another great day today. The entire day was beautiful and calm. This time I took my youngest daughter (age 10), My friend and his son (age 10). We hit the same spot as yesterday and within 20 minutes had the older brother of the laker I got yesterday in the boat. I decided to try a little shallower and we hooked what I believe was a huge king.

This thing spooled out 900 feet of line fast. I had 25 pound test and the drag set so tight I was really worried about it breaking. The reel was getting really low when I decided to have my buddy turn the boat to maybe chase it a little. That was a mistake possibly. As soon as he began the turn... the line went dead. I don't know what could have happened but I was bummed to say the least. The spoon was nearly bent in half when I retrieved it. :thumb:

That same spoon had 3 more hits on it. It figures that I only had one. I tried everything close to it, but only that one was getting action.

That was one exciting fish though. My youngest was so proud cause she pick out both the lures we caught fish on.