My Fat Chick - lots of pics

moto21

Well to start out, hello everyone. This is my first post but I’ve been signed up for a while and check here every day. This is my project I’ve been working on for the past year (mostly the past winter). Its not the 24ft striper I wanted but with the way the economy is right now the 500 dollar price on it looked much better.(gotta love friends that need money) It had a cracked block in it when I got it so it has a new 4.3l that I rebuilt for it. I’m a certified mechanic and work as a welder/fabricator and machinist so all the work was done by me. (Except the top, my mom sewed that)

DSC00188.jpg

With her top

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

My manual hydraulic kicker lift. Can you tell me what I made it from?

DSC00191.jpg

It works awesome

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

My swivel mounts (own design)

DSC00195.jpg

Reels Machined from abs plastic and aluminum

DSC00199.jpg

My version of easy steer

DSC00202.jpg

She’s big, heavy and ugly but I love her. That’s why I named her fat chick. Be testing it all week and can’t wait to get it on lake O. Not to bad for some 24yr old punk kid hu. So what you think

It's great to see a 24 year old with that kind of ambition and skill. Reminds me of myself 24 years ago:D.

I envy the fact that you'll be kicking some Lake O big Kings tails :thumb:

Welcome to the posting part of the site. Get plenty of pictures of them hog Kings you have over there.

I love it. I worked on a charter boat that had pretty much custom everything on it. Planer masts and Nylon spools, rocket launcher, outriggers, dr bases, rod holders, net holders, swing down radar mount, custom beaver trol bracket for Bravo 3 outdrives(didnt offer one at the time), special line attachments for offshore planer board releases, release holder, fully collapsable planer boards w/rudder system and more im sure ive forgotten about. What a treat to have that trade at your disposal. Same guy i worked for on the charter built the rod holders on our boat....Tough to beat custom, theyre just right!....Congratulations on a great boat and a great project...Well done.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Glad you all like the fat chick. I love building boats and this is my second one. This was my first salmon boat but not my last. Looking forward to talking to everyone here. Great site with lots of info.

First of all, Brad welcome to GLF! It sure looks like that rig is going to work to me. It took me 3 boats and some improv to finally get my 24' striper, but some of my best memories came from the early boats and learning the love of fishing in your own boat.

Secondly, Frank I thought this was great!!:lol:

Brad, A warm welcome to the GLF site. I like the pic of the Fat Chick with her top off.:lol: Let us know if you need any help. She's a beautiful boat, and I like her rigging.:):thumb: