White River 3/22/10

Fished for a few hours Sunday up on the White 1 Steelhead about 24in Net release LOL 1 Brown around 17 in released, 6 suckers kept for a friend. Could have gotten way more suckers but it is a long walk thru the woods to where were had a nice section of water pretty much to ourselves lost a couple of walleye and a few onkown fish but all in all a nice morining in waders.

Plenty of exercise is one word for it Mike. On the bright side I got to catch several fish on my new Center Pin rod maybe someday I will buy the center pin reel for it. I have a Okuma Bait runner reel on it which actually works pretty decent. My father in Law was impressed as to how well it handled fish. It is one of the Aventa rods 15ft 6in so it takes some getting used to I lost my first fish because I could not figure out how to hold the rod and net the fish. That took some adjustment I found the best way was to get the fish up stream above me and ease off and let him slide back to me and the net. The other method for the suckers was work them over to shore and kick em up on the bank LOL.

I was using flies tipped with wax worms and spawn never thought I would see the day when I would catch a sucker on a Steelhead candy fly in fairly fast water under a bobber I was not even bottom bouncing. We could not put a spawn sack on the bottom without catching a sucker.