Gimbal Bearing Insertion tool

Do any of you guys have a gimbal bearing insertion tool? I would like to borrow it, rent it, or buy it. I already have an alignment tool just need the doughnut thing to put on it or an equivalent device to drive the bearing in. Thanks for looking...

Buy a brass drive bar and tap it in evenly. Put it backwards so you can just pivot out the center next time it needs changing. No puller or diver needed then. They were all installed that way in the beginning. Dealers wanted MO money. The center portion is the only portion that wears out. Make sure the grease hole lines up.

I am able to get the center bearing out however the last owner never drove the bearing assembly in far enough. I ordered a tool last night to do that. I may try and pull the whole assembly to change the grease seal while I am at it.....I just need a slide hammer puller.....anyone??

Thanks for the offer Randy, I work in Portage so that would not be a problem. I have everything I need now for attachments except the slide hammer. My old man is letting me have his. I will drop you a line if that falls through otherwise I should be good to go....Thanks

Andy, i work as a auto mechanic and so i have many tools thats allot of other guys may not have. so if you need something let me know i dont have a problem loaning tools to you seeing how we have fished on the same league and know each other. besides i know what your boat looks like!

Ditto on what Randy said but I am even further away. Who would ever have dreamed a guy could buy as many tools as I have. About 10 years ago my son told me he wanted to be a mechanic I explained he would have to wait till he knew for sure he could beat my @$$ cause I would beat his if he mentioned it again. Only career I know of where you wake up one day to realize you have close to a hundred grand in tools to make the same money as the assistant manager at Burger King. Well I take that back I did also want to be a charter captian and that is about the same nowadays.

Thanks guys

I usually buy the tools for the job and then I will have them for the next time. Sometimes its more convenient to borrow one for a quick minute. I have a pretty good collection now. In this case I decided to buy all the equipment. The more I work on my outdrive the more I realize I will need to maintain it very regularly if I want to keep fishing. I am sure that there will be guys on here that will need to borrow them and I am always willing to lend them out. That is just one of those things sportsmen do, help the fellow sportsmen.