Fish Finder May Have To Wait...

Boltman

Well I priced out the element and the sounder module and it comes to 1575.00 it's all biult for my Raymarine Chart Plotter, but it may have to wait another Year.

We Just heard that our Automotive customer wants me to dip down my price on our biggest job, and well it's not worth doing anymore. This job has to be manually sorted by me and my wife 3000 pounds of lifting twice to get it sorted, that's only 1 pallet a day and we do 3 per week.. it takes us two hours a day...

So that said I looked at the PROFIT side of this order instead of the Sales dollars side and realized we are literally KILLING our bodies for 2700.00 in profit a month...Not alot of money condering it used to be 7000.00 a month in profit, and now with having to lower our price it's will be down to 1500.00 a month.. and thats before we add in our time for sorting.. and the issues we're having with our bodiees because of it.... My arms aren't working well anymore, and well I can call on smaller guys and make more money, and it's a lot easier....

So the Fish Finder.... is on the back burner. but I can accept donations for now, if any would like to donate to the " Catch a Salmon Fund" owned by Me.. Robert Chapman.... ha ha ha ha

Dude, if you only knew there isn't a laser sorting machine made that will work for this part, it's almost 4"long with continuos threads all the way through it.... the lazers cannot detect threads the entire length...

Trust me I've had the best of the Best try, only to fail at Lazer sorting this part...

So it was sorted via a small piece of threaded rod bent on the end , and when you shove it inside the part you hear a zip...sound and when there's no threads present you hear nothing at all...

Out of 1.4 million parts sorted in 2008 and 600,000 sorted in 2009 we only found 3 parts bad and delivered 2 million parts of 2 years with zero Defects... Not bad for a Mom and Pop shop.... I only wish there was a bowl feeder and lazer machine capable of sorting this part....

Even the Taiwanese couldn't manufacture a machine for this part, so they resorted to doing the coat hanger zip test.....as I showed them in a video I sent overseas to them.... but to rest easy at night we double sorted them as well.... find 3 parts missed by the Taiwanese manufacture...

But thanks for the Advice....but as for Camera sorts...... it wasn't possible, that's why this job has been our night mare... I expect when we let it go the customer will call back.... but only After they've shut GM down on Malibu....we did... that cost us 45,000 dollars for a nation wide sort....I shared the cost with the manufacture overseas... have you ever heard a Taiwanese scream all the way from Taiwan.....????? I have...

The rest of our parts are camera sort though... it help emensly...

I would think that you would be able to find something. Where I work we make piston rings. We have a camera that checks for the bevel on the side of the ring. This is very subtle, sometimes it can be hard to see with the human eye. We check a 2 1/2' stick of rings at a time with a camera that travels on a track above it. There are about 300 rings on the stick. It took a few years and a couple of different companies but the one we have now seems to work well. I can't think of the company that makes it off the top of my head but if your interested I can find out.