Ludington in late July

Well looks like we've finally decided on Ludington for our vacation spot this year.

We should be there in Late July. We're going to be staying at the Cedar Ridge cabins.

I have a couple of questions, hopefully some members from that area can answer.

1. Our cabin's set on the South East corner of Pierre Marquette Lake. and there is a lauch next door to the campgrounds, is this launch big enough for a 24ft Crestliner Sabre? (Is the lake deep enough) Or should I use the city dock?

2. Does this lake connect to Lake Michigan? (I assume by looking at the maps it does.)

3. Is there any fishing left in Ludington in Late july?:)

I'm sure I'll have more as the time gets closer, but that's about it for now.

Thanks..

JC

I'm not sure about the depth of the lake in that area, have never been up that far, but PM lake does connect to Lake Michigan. On the weekend it will be a zoo. But during the week boat traffic is lighter and you will have a chance at some great fishing. I know a few members here are Ludington fishermen and they will help you out with more info. Ludington is one of the best ports on the lake, have fun.

I have fished the Manistee Ludington area, late July through early September. The Fishing is good. I like the Big Sable Pt. area. out over the Self.:) The shelf is about 4 or 5 miles out and the depth drops fast if you troll W. The fish do seem to relate to that structure.

If your talking about the Copeyon Park launch, then yes its big enough for your boat. Pere Marquette Lake is also plenty deep for you and connects to the lake. And yes, the fishing is fantastic in July and not all that many people yet. Thats when i transform from walleye whackin to salmon slammin'! Fishing is good by the point, but i prefer to fish strait out or south as there is still plenty of fish and not as heavily fished. Keep up with the net updates so you have an idea where theyre located. There were several from Big Sable Point south towards the Project last year. Good luck to ya, one of the best ports on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan...Love Ludington, come on July!!!