mobil phone question

Tad Pole

Ok i finially made it to the 21st century and i have purchased myself a new blackberry phone. i was disappointed to find out that it will not play internet based video becouse it doesnt have a flash player then i found out that all blackberry and the iphone for that matter have the same problem.

now the question is for all you tekkies is does anyone know of a flash player that works on the blackberry? a link would be awesome.

thanks for any help in advance

I have the iphone, and like you said, it does not have flash, so I can not view videos on websites. However....it came with a youtube application, and I can view videos directly on youtube with my iphone.

Maybe there is an app for the blackberry that does the same thing as the iphone youtube app.

So fill me in, if I was to buy something like that would I also have to sign up for internet service? Or does it pickup the WIFI? Or what's the deal? I would love to be able to get on and check mail and reports etc? Just not sure what all is needed to make these things work....

So fill me in, if I was to buy something like that would I also have to sign up for internet service? Or does it pickup the WIFI? Or what's the deal? I would love to be able to get on and check mail and reports etc? Just not sure what all is needed to make these things work....

I pay $30 per month for unlimited internet access. You can get a smart phone without internet service. You can use wifi if you can find a place that has wifi to connect to. I also connect to my wireless router at home with my phone. You can check your emails with wifi. NONE of the apps will work without wifi or using the internet service.

If you do not have internet service, your smart phone is just another mobile phone when you are on the lake.

Never had a Blackberry, but I do use a AT&T Tilt which is Window Mobile Pc system based.

Internet Explorer does not stream video.

I added a program / app called Skyfire. it is a Browser just like Internet explorer but has the flash player build in. you can then watch the videos that are linked through GLF and many other sites.

do google seach for Skyfire.

Just like Mike stated it is best if you have a unlimited data plan or use wifi

All of this new high tech stuff.:confused: ??????????

The Good - Posting a fishing report complete with pics from the boat.

The Bad - Sexting, Texting, Obscene calls complete with pics, where will it end???

The Ugly - Old people doing the above.

Does anyone if the youtube app is available anywhere or would I need a phone that already has it.

I have also heard that adobe has come out with a flash plarer that is compatiable with cell phones but I'm not sure if its myth or not orif even it available yet???

Does anyone if the youtube app is available anywhere or would I need a phone that already has it.

I have also heard that adobe has come out with a flash plarer that is compatiable with cell phones but I'm not sure if its myth or not orif even it available yet???

The have a forum section, similar to how GLF is set up for specific questions related to various models and the different carriers. They also have free ringtones, themes and various apps and accesories available. Its worth looking into at the very least.

Ill see if I can find something there that will work I know they have allot of good apps

When did our phones become so complicated I'm actually making this post from my phone who would have believed that just a few short years ago

My blackberry will do the samething although I have to use a usb cable a friend of mine his phone will do it threw a wifi connection he has the sprint palm pre awesome phone it also uses a windows system(way cool)

Remember the old Star Trek shows, when they would touch the symbol on their chest to tallk to the ship? Look what we are doing now.

Next thing ya know they'll have a shoe phone.:lol:

The real problem with these new gadgets, is they are putting an end to pay phones. Phone booths have already gone the way of the nickel beer. In a real crisis, where will Clark Kent be able to change into SUPERMAN??:)