Fishing Rod Socks

I don't know if any of you guys already use these, but my mom whipped out a few of these in no time at all. I use one piece rods and putting them in the rod locker on the boat can be a hassle. If you put them in wrong, you can have a tangled mess when you go to pull them out. These socks keep your lines from tangling into each other when in the rod locker. It is just any material folded over and sewn together. I got this material in the clearance aisle at the local fabric store. If you can use a sewing machine, they take about five minutes to make. If not, I think you can buy them at Gnder Mtn. Hope this will save some people some headaches on the water.

dscn2768.jpg

Very nice. My dad made some outta a material called viaseal, kind of a vinyl type material for his ice rods. I have the clam rod socks for my ice rods, never really used any for the open water. I know theyd be the catch meow though..Good post Peter.

patty made some last year for me..i put them on and put them up on the rod rack and when i got to where i was setting up i couldnt get them off...seems the wind slap tattered up the inside where there was extra fabric and tangled it up with the line...im thinking i just need a different fabric maybe

Some of the best material I found at military and or surplus outlets.

Parachutes are made of the perfect material. Light material that will dry quickly and and won't rip or tear easily.

Easy to cut and glue or sew into any shape.

HIH