What everybody else uses.

I was just wonering what moast everybody uses for trolling for salmon. In the spring purple seams to be hot. Wheather it is a flasher & fly or a plug or a spoon.Then as summer comes along gradually things go to green, I have my fav. on the flashers & they are the spin dr. & the smart flasher.My favorite spoons are the greenfrog & anything with orange for steelhead. Just wondering?

Alan, I think you have a good concept there. My best spoon in the spring has been the SS smurf

16_G.jpg

In the spring we run mostly spoons, and switch slowly over to the plugs, and flasher/fly as mid summer roles around. Green or white flashers are always out there with a siggs mountain dew fly.

I always have flasher/fly on my inside (low) divers though. Even if they don't catch a bunch of fish early, they still bring fish in. later in the summer the J-Plugs really start producing on the high lines (copper/core).

What port do you fish out of on lake O?

i do what ever seems like it would piss me off if i was a fish. spoons body baits flies i dont think myself there is no rythme or reason to the baits. except for the fact that they are for one thing and one thing only and that is to catch fishermen. plain and simple

Small small small in the spring, and body baits.

Gradually getting bigger - normal to mag spoons.

Mag spoons and flasher/fly combos.

Fly/flashers almost exclusively.

Spoons.

J plugs and spoons.

Spoons.

Back down to smaller baits (spoons).

Repeat as necessary each summer.

I run a little of everything all year , and every year seems to be a little differant from the last. This year in april it was reg. sized spoons , 00 flashers and peanut flys and lots of body baits . But from may on it was all mag. spoons ,big paddles or spin dr. on the low divers and 8 in. spinnies on the hi divers or mag spoons.

And for color ,i alway run natral colors in april for coho ,browns and spring kings, and when they move offshore in may through the summer "beyond 100ft" I run blues and greens or anything dark or glow on the set ups past 50 down and liter colors from 50 up.