Hand Held GPS with Marine Maps

Hey Guys,

I was looking to get a GPS which I can use on the great lakes. I need something that will work good for ice fishing, so I'm not constantly drilling holes and dropping weights to find reefs, drop offs, humps, those kinds of things. I heard the lowrance h2o is a good one, but I'm not sure where to get one and what maps/chips I would need. Can someone help me out in purchasing the right thing?

The guys at Franks Great Outdoors sell the H2O and can set you up with a chip. Give em a call, 989 697-5341. Push ,3 i believe for electronics, and ask for Ernie or Brian. Theyre real good guys who will steer you in the right direction. Ask about other options as well. There strait shooters.

Also think about a mount for the GPS you get as well as the 12v power cord. Cause they eat up batteries quick when its cold out.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Ernie was extremely helpfull! It sound like the H2O with a Lakemasters pro Michigan card is what I need. It also sound like the H2O c is worth the extra 100 bucks, but eats up batteries faster.

What would you guys do?

H2O for 120 or H2O c for 220?

I use the lakemaster chip in my boats lowrance chartplotter, then I use it on the ice with my ifinder hunt witch is the same as the h20. I used it on Muskegon lake ice fishing last year and it was dead nuts. My chartplotter and handheld are b&w. I have also seen it on the color versions and the contour lines do not show as well. It may have been just a setting but I did not care for it in color.