In need of some help

OK, while down deer hunting the last couple days i came acrossed a Mariner 8 hp outboard while visiting with the farmer where we keep the camper. Anyhow, he said he hadnt used it in a couple years. Well, i just happen to be in the market for a little larger motor for my duck boat, so i made him an offer and he accepted it. It hasnt been run in a couple of years and he couldnt find his manual. So, i get the motor home and check everything out, and it looks fantastic. This motor looks brand new. Theres a small shroud on the front of the carb, so i took that off and sprayed a bit of carb cleaner in there to make sure anything on the outside was cleaned of any varnish etc. I tried starting it, but no dice. Finally i took a small spray bottle of gas and as long as i spray it in the carb itll keep running. And it runs pretty darned good too. But, as soon as i quit spraying it quits running. So, ive come to the conclusion that its not getting gas an either needs the jets cleaned or a new diaphram. So, im gonna have to tear the carb off clean it and find out about the diaphram.

So, this is where i need your help. Anyone know of any sites out there that can help me #1) find the year of the outboard by serial # and #2) has a schematic for the carb incase i mess up when i take it apart?

The info on the motor tag appears as follows:

MARINER 8

677 S 011100

The tag is black and MARINER 8 and 677 are all in silver letters. Then to the right of the 677 is a box thats sivler in color and thats where the S 011100 is printed in black lettering. So, if my logic is correct, then that gives me a model(677) and Serial # S 011100

Thanks for any and all help...Adam