Frankfort Area

The whitefish was for the grand traverse bay area, so we decided to just try the frankfort area for salmon if they're still around. No one seems to know if the Grand Traverse bay would also hold salmon since it gets rather deep as well.

if anyone else is launching out friday and could shoot me in the right direction that would be great. So far I'm bringing my usual box of j-plugs, a box of spoons and a box of body baits on the odd chance I can run a shallow spring type setup for us near shore off planer boards. Will have 2-4 rods on riggers, 2 dipsies and 1 ten color lead core setup.

I won't be checking this after tonight since i'll be leaving tomorrow but if anyone would like to give me a call it's: 708-404-5626

thanks Steve

First I want to thank everyone for all their advice and for those who called me up. We trailered the boat out there only to find the waves too large for our liking, guess the 4-6 footer report was spot on. So we headed back to traverse city and fished a Long Lake which had reports of walleyes and perch being caught. Ended the day with 5 dink perch after changing spots around 30 times all over the lake. Didn't mark a single walleye, so it's anyones guess where they were. No one at the launch at dusk when we pulled out caught a single thing, so I guess we were "lucky". Maybe next time I can get in a good quality salmon trip in michigan besides new buffalo.

Those are the breaks, nothing worse then planning on fishing on the big pond only to find uncooperative conditions. Come spring time we'll be hitting new buffalo also. I'll give you a buzz in the spring and maybe we can hook up and do some fishing.

Sounds great and in the early spring if anyone wants to head down for some GREAT coho action out of the south chicago area feel free to hit me up. Although I must say, we had tons of strange looks out on Long Lake running planer boards and downrigger rods trying for walleye ;) Guess that far up north it's just jigging, whereas we can fish a 150 foot wide path with 8 lures at various depths to find them.