Another limit of September GOLD. 9-17-09

Still working on the walleye adrenalin hype that Scott "Fishinmachine2" caused 3 days ago on our/my fishing board, with his 35 walleyes and 10 keepers post, the brother and I launched at Gambill marina at 9:30 am this morning with high hopes of doing the same. What I was worried about most was the NE winds and the 4 to 7 footers that beat the crap out of that West shoreline all day yesterday and most of last night. And when I seen the water temp had dropped 10 degrees near shore from just a short week ago, it didn't look that good.

But oddly, the farther off shore we got, the warmer the water was. We started in 23 FOW between the Saganing and Pinconing Bars. Trolled north and worked the same general area that Scott had for about an hour without a touch. Ran about every kind of Crank I had during that time. Told the brother we need to head in closer to the second break, and troll just off that 11 foot break that drops into 17 FOW. Well, when we hit 17.8 feet and like Scott said in his post 3 days ago, all hell broke loose. My closest board to the boat jerked back and went under. It was a double. And I mean 2 walleyes on the same Rattle Tot. :eek: Both 14 1/2 inches long. Switched all rods over to Meat Tots and we boated 26 walleyes, 3 cats 1 sheepshead and 2 jumbo perch in the next 3 hours, and kept our 2 man limit of walleyes, working that ledge from Bar to Bar with Meat Tot's. An outrageous day for September on Saginaw Bay. Oh, and thank's a heap for the starting point Scott. :P:grin:

IMG_0233.sized.jpg

IMG_0236.sized.jpg

IMG_0235.sized.jpg

IMG_0230.sized.jpg

IMG_0229.sized.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

Sounds like a great day Dan! I've heard a wise man say find out what they want and give em lots of it. Now I know what a hot n tot is, could you elaborate about the meat tot. I think I have an idea but there are 2 possibilities and just looking for clarity

Sounds like a great day Dan! I've heard a wise man say find out what they want and give em lots of it. Now I know what a hot n tot is, could you elaborate about the meat tot. I think I have an idea but there are 2 possibilities and just looking for clarity

Rattle Tot with a 1/4 crawler on the front.:grin:

That's what I was thinking after seeing your pic, but I also thought it was off the meat freak. thanks for the clarification. That is a solid day Dan. Now does that get you thinking about chartering a little longer into the season?

That's what I was thinking after seeing your pic, but I also thought it was off the meat freak. thanks for the clarification. That is a solid day Dan. Now does that get you thinking about chartering a little longer into the season?

Yes. I've already revamped my web page and announced that I'l be using my smaller 18 footer for two men charters only, to extend the season a little longer on the bay. The big boat is already out and winterized for the season. Hell, this spot today was over 18 miles one way from LBM anyways. Only optimum weather conditions like today would make it worth running that far. And how many mid September limits can you remember? I've only had two and they both came in the last 2 weeks. If this was to become the norm, I'd leave my bigger boat in longer. :grin:

And thank's everyboody for all the Kudos you've all given me threw this summer season. It may go unsaid sometimes, but they mean a lot to me. I kind of hang around this and only a few of the other subject titles on this site, so probably miss giving a lot of you salmon fishermen the "at a boys" you all derserve. ;):D

Fished out of Huron about 6 years ago and limited both days we were there. 24 fish with the smallest being about 4 pounds with 5 or 6 over 8, and 2 real monsters over 10. A trip of a lifetime for sure. But those BIG ones make for better pictures then they do table fair. I'd take more pictures, do more releasing of the hogs and keep more of the smaller fish if I went again. ;):P

Fished out of Huron about 6 years ago and limited both days we were there. 24 fish with the smallest being about 4 pounds with 5 or 6 over 8, and 2 real monsters over 10. A trip of a lifetime for sure. But those BIG ones make for better pictures then they do table fair. I'd take more pictures, do more releasing of the hogs and keep more of the smaller fish if I went again. ;):P

Yeah i did a trip down there 2 falls ago and we got alot of eater fish and a couple of bigger one but nothing over 8lbs!! I'm going back this yr if we can get a good weekend weather wise!! I need to get me one over 10+ lbs!!:grin:

Scott