Terrible Fishing In Ludinton

We were in Ludington the whole weekend from Thursday to Well Sunday night.. the fishing went Dead, went out every night.. nothing.... Got one Friday morning....small King about 22" and that was it.....Trolled from Pentwater to Ludington, just for fun, not even a bite, that was what we were hearing on the radio too, Charter captains were throwing fits, marking a ton of fish, but nothing biting. The radio was quite for most every day, hearing only a few guys putting fish in the boxes....

Alos heard tha the Indians were netting hundered of fish, so many that they were almost sinking their boats...This I'm sure has something to do with shutting down the fishing in Ludington... but I don't really know..All I want to know is... Who can we talk to to stop this netting issue before the indian tribes destroy the whole salmon fishing industry for the Charters and Private people Like Us....

I too was at Ludville Thursday to Sunday. Fished middle of the day Thursday and went 2 for 7...1 steelie and 1 two year old king. Friday took the wife out fished 11:30 to 3:00 and took 2 steelies and a laker. Didn't go back out till Saturday night and went 1 for 10. The one king we got was a nice 18 lber but it was hooked in the side. Went out again Sunday night and went 1 for 3 with the one being another steelie. Also marked a ton of fish but they just weren't interested in feeding. The only baits I could get to go were glow frog and MS Bullz Eye. The iron noggins were all decent size, running 5 to 9 lbs. Caught our fish scattered at different depths. Anywhere from 50 to 400 fow, 82' down to the surface. Riggers were dead. Most fish came on my divers.

That's really amassing guys, how the fish shut down like that. After I left, John, Ryan, and two others went 8 or 9 for 18 on Tuesday night. Mostly on Moonshine spoons at dusk-11pm. For us on Monday, the Ace High plugs in the top 45' where smoking. We where South in 95-135 fow. Although we did pick a big boy up in 55 fow on a full core mid-day. Could be the fish moved up river. The guy at the fish cleaning station said the best catch he saw was from the lake troller's.

Yes I heard that they might be up River already,but why are they marking them and not biting... doesn't make sense at all....Or does it... this weather has really done a number on the fish, so could the fish be DONE a month early???? Who know only the fish know what's really going on....We had one one Saturday Night, but like all the others it got off too....... Damn Fish

Can't wait to get my new Fish Finder Installed this Fall...

The full moon probably played a part in the tough fishing. They were feeding all night and not real active when they normally are. It makes for tougher fishing.

Check out Capt. Glen's site for info when you head to Ludington, he is very helpful:

http://www.fish-ludington.com/fishingreport/index.htm

Edited by Paulywood
add link

Well i hope theyre getting hungry again as im heading over tomorrow and staying until Saturday after the AM fish. Im hoping for a shark bite before pulling "AJ" back home.:no::(

Anybody gonna be over there the next few days, give me a shout on the radio or PM me for my cell #.