A little deeper today but report is nearly the same as it has been for the last 8 days. Go west and catch Steelhead today went 11 for 12 in 250 FOW south most of the fish came on a long south run from the 11's to the 8's and on a 5 color Steelie cane took the most fish with a copper glow tail second also got a couple of lakes on flasher flies on divers and Ace Hi Yellow tail took a couple on full core also got fish on Moonshine Flounder Pounder and a Red Flasher and Siggs that was in my lure package I won in the big King contest yesterday. Speed has been key this week if you think you are going too fast speed up nearly all fish have been when running fast 2.8 to 3.4 at the probe when it was down often way faster on the GPS. Avg speed today was close to 4.2 down wind and 3.8 upwind. Was planning on pulling lines early so my nephew could make it to work on time limited out on Steelhead so was not a issue. Set lines at around 7 am pulled lines around 10 am darn nice day. Thanks to Draggin Balls II for letting me know how well he was doing this morn as we started fishing in 130 and after talking to Rick headed west where it heated up fast.

I have a question, what do you mean when you say from 11s to 8s?

The Numbers – What do they mean?

In Ludington, as in many other ports, the various fishing areas are described by their GPS (Latitude/Longitude) numbers. Ludington boats use the “middle” number of the N (latitude) and W (longitude) to describe their positions on the radio.

The pier heads - at about 43º57’00N are described as “the 57’s”.

The Point - at about 44º03’50N is the “3 and 1/2’s”

The Project - at about 43º55’00N is the “54’s” or “55’s”

The Bathhouse is in the “02’s” at about 44º02’00N

The “Number Change” (also known as the “Double 0’s” is the 44th Parallel, where latitudes change from 43º to 44º - this is about 3 miles north of the Ludington pier head.

You also will hear boats on the radio talk about being at the “31 Line”, meaning their middle W number is 31 (86º31’00). This is about 4 nautical miles west of the pier heads which are at 27W (86º27’00). Or you might hear someone say they are out at the “40 Line”. This means they are way out deep in 300+ FOW near the commercial shipping lanes, 86º40’00W, about 13 nautical miles west of the pier heads.

DD

Yep that is what I meant the min's of Latitude Straight out of Muskegon is the 13's Duck Lake is about the 18's in front of Mona Channel is close to the 11's. The problem with saying I am out front of the channel is when you get out deep you can see it for miles. So I could say I am out front and be anywhere from the 12's to the 14's or further and there is several miles of water between them. But if I say I am in the 12 8's which is the first number of the last group added in you will be able to see me when you get there. This way I can give you a fairly accurate location. I did notice Monday that no one was fishing where I was when we went south but after telling a couple of guy where I was and how I was doing there were a lot of boats fishing behind me. The fish are widely scattered out there so go fast if you think you are going too fast speed up if you can run divers you are going too slow.

Hey Rick thanks funny how things work out some days you get me to come out where you are fishing and I crush em. I invite my buddy Steve out to fish behind me and he can't get much going then as I am working back I pass him and take 2 fish behind him. It was just my brother who never catch's fish day. A couple of years ago he went out with me 6 times and never got a single fish to the boat this was his third time out this year and he finally put some in the box and his kid was on fire I lost the only fish of the day so go figure. But honestly I probably would have stayed in the 150 range I have been getting fish in all week if you had not been out there getting them deeper and letting me know.