2009 Great Lakes Fisherman's Challenge *CANCELLED*

GLF

The 2009 Great Lakes Fisherman's Challenge has been cancelled for BOTH days.

Mother nature did not cooperate with us this year. The forecast is for 3-5' waves on Sunday morning, with winds blowing 15mph to 25mph out of the Southwest. Half of the boats entered in this years challenge are 20' and less.

Everyone will get their lure package and a refund of their entry fee.

I will be in Muskegon tonight by 5pm. Give me a call if you would like to pick up your lure package.

If you are not from the Muskegon area, send me your shipping information in a private message, and I will ship you your lure package and refund you the $30 entry fee(minus the cost of shipping).

There will be a Great Lakes Fisherman's Challenge at the same time next year.

Mike

269-207-8024

Thanks for all the hard work putting this together Mike bummer mother nature did not feel like being nice to us. I picked up my lure package tonight and then went out fishing with Mike and the boys for a few hours lots of rollers but very fishable had us discussing whether or not canceling was the right choice but Mike had to make a call and from the sound outside right now I think he got it right as there are only a few of us who could fish in 3 to 5 ft waves and there is little chance to rescheduale this late in the season. I will let Mike post the report on how we did since we did more scouting then fishing sort of. I had a great time and look forward to the rest of the season. Again Thanks for all the hard work and the great lure package Mike

I agree with Jim. Thanks Mike for all of the hard work I know it is tough to work on these things and to a call like that is hard, but safety first and live to fight another day. Great Lure package can not wait to hit the water with the new bullets in the gun.

I wasnt even in the challenge and i respect your opinion and decision on the cancellation Mike. I used to fish allot of tournaments and it sucks being forced to fish bad conditions. Probably the #1 reason we've backed off the number of tournaments we enter....and with the way its blowing out of the SW in Kawkawlin right now, i can only imagine how bad its howling over there right now. Im sure she's got some teeth!