Went 4 for 5 last night out of Port Sheldon. 2 kings, 1 coho, 1 laker. Set up in 80fow around 615pm. First fish on dipsey with green spinner and fly back 120 in 88fow. 2nd and 3rd fish in ~100 +/- fow with a laker on 10 color and coho on rigger with JJMacMuffin down 55. then we trolled for 2 hours with nothing going between 80-120fow. Marked a lot of fish, but no takers. 930pm had the missed fish on a rigger 55 down in ~80fow with moonshine flounderpounder. Saw it roll 10 yards behind the boat and it was off. Reset the rigger and had another on in less than 5 minutes. Had to pull lines to get to the dock in time. Total weight of all four was 33 1/2lbs.

Saw a couple large, almost 20lb, fish taken out of PS last night (not on my boat though). Most of them hit right near dark.

Quick question. The clicker on my Okuma Catalina 30d just stopped working. The rest of the reel (drag, etc) works fine but it is strange not hearing the click or knowing how fast the fish is taking line. Anyone had any similar experience with this. Is it an easy fix or do I have to send it in?

Marty, on your reel you probably need to replace the clicker pal. Go to the Okuma web site and they have expldede views of you reel with part numbers so you know what to order. On my reels when one goes I just replace them all.

I too have been struggling with putting fish in the box. I mark them on the screen but they don't want to play.

TT

Thanks Tom that is what I was thinking as well. I have the schematics, I just have never been "in" the reel before and wondered if I should try to tackle it myself.

ive replaced the drags in all my okumas...at first its intimidating but after youve done a couple its gravy....if you dont know where something goes look at the schematics...or best case scenario(which happened to me)open another reel and look at it...hopefully you have 2....