Back to Keel hauling Cranks.

Caught 12 very nice walleyes today with two 23 incher's in the catch along with loosing 4 real nice fish behind the boat. One was about 6 pounds or so I guesstimate. Went back to the meat/crank program with a twist. The walleyes this year have been belly to the bottom 90% of the time. And any offering this summer has to be near that bottom or the action is not as steady it seems.

Decided to tie up some short (2 foot long) wire #15 test plastic coated leaders, attach them to the same Tommy Harris Keels I've been using with the harnesses, but added the cranks with a piece of crawler on the front belly hook in my usual way instead of the harnesses. Ran Rattle Tots one side and Walleye Runners on the other. Didn't know how far back to run them so I let out line until they started to gouge bottom. Reeled in 10 feet and set 4 per side on the mast boards. It worked out to 60 back on the runners and 50 back on the Tots. Started at 1.8 mph and the action was steady until the wind switched and that NW cold front arrived. :angry2:

IMG_0145.jpg