Pt. Sheldon 7/10 & 7/11

We fished friday morning and saturday in the WMFL event.

Friday we started setting lines at 6 am in 35 ft. north of the pier. In 45' a wire diver on 1.5 w/ 60 ft. out went off. This was setup w/ a green/chrome Spin Doctor and silver/sparkle Siggs fly. Ended up being an 11 lb 12 oz steelhead that my father-in-law landed for his first Lake Michigan fish. We kept working northwest out to 80 ft where a fullcore w/ a Craig's Xmas stinger went off. My father-in-law's second fish was a 12 lb female king. Took another rip on the fullcore that was on for a while and felt like a good fish but it got off. We worked the water northwest out to 140 ft and back into 75 for a while before taking a double of lakers that tangled a 3 color Goldilocks w/ a fullcore and 3 oz Dive Bomb setup w/ a Princess Frog. One laker was 3 lbs the other was 7 lbs. The fullcore was trashed and I had to bring both fish in by hand. We fished a while longer and started to pull lines around 1pm. When Marty (ratchet) tripped a rigger set w/ a Purple Thunder set 55' down in 100' of water a 5 lb king hammered it. It was actually after the line was free from the release that the fish hit. So we finished the day 5/6. On our way in we marked a ton of fish and bait in tight between 20-30 ft of water. I decided to start there on saturday.

After our 2 hour delay we setup in 25 ft. of water north of the pier. I had an inexperienced driver and it seemed a little rough going north so I headed the boat south and then started setting rods on a southwest troll. Set 2 riggers and the first dipsey, wire on 1.5 out 60 ft w/ a blue blade Pro Troll crush glow/slick w/ a UV Pulse fly. Started setting the second dipsey with the same setup that took the steelie friday when the first dipsey fired. We were in 45 ft straight in front of the pier. My friend landed a 15 lb 12 oz king at 7:30. Then we were done for the day. I stayed shallow to long and had trouble getting where I wanted due to being shorthanded. Ended up being a great day weather wise and I got to run a lot of lures that hadn't seen the water in a while.

Edited by Paulywood
spelling