Sunday 8 for 10

The boys and I slept on the boat Saturday night. Sunday the boys and I were joined by Sea-Mac, and a friend for work. Everyone showed up early again :thumb: and we were on our way around 5:45am.

We dropped in at 80FOW today and worked the 85-105FOW all day long, till we pulled the lines at 11:30am. A stingray size double orange crush was our HOT ticket today. We had this on a 2 color core and it produced 4 steelhead, with the biggest one pushing 12lbs.

We picked up a couple of fish on a stingray size NITRO Fireball on a rigger. One came on a full core with a stingray size Killer Dolphin.

Mike(Sea-Mac) did battle for about 45 minutes on a 53lber before it came unbuttoned about 30' behind the boat. :eek: OK.....it looked like it felt 53lbs. It was hooked in the side and was not coming in very well.

I spent too much time in the sun today and for some reason, I can not remember the rest of the spoons. :(

The warm water was pushing back in before we left.

Edited by GLF
corrected time

Thanks a Bunch for the invite Mike.

You learn ALOT of new and different tactics everytime you jump onboard someone elses boat.

Ya- that fish was NOT fun towards the "tail" end of the battle. But was that ever exciting thinking it was a big fish at first. I liked the way your son was getting on me to get em in to. :lol:

Hey, Mike I tried to call you this morning when I heard you call for Fishsniffer, but i most have been to far north. Sounds like we for the same water, funny how a few miles manke a difference in water Temp. We pulled at 9:30am. And I'm sure you meant to say 1:30 PM not 1:30AM.

Hey, Mike I tried to call you this morning when I heard you call for Fishsniffer, but i most have been to far north. Sounds like we for the same water, funny how a few miles manke a difference in water Temp. We pulled at 9:30am. And I'm sure you meant to say 1:30 PM not 1:30AM.

Sorry Terry I do not pick up boats from Grand Haven nor Whitehall on my radio. :(

It was suppose to be 11:30am. I corrected it. ;)

Thanks a Bunch for the invite Mike.

You learn ALOT of new and different tactics everytime you jump onboard someone elses boat.

Ya- that fish was NOT fun towards the "tail" end of the battle. But was that ever exciting thinking it was a big fish at first. I liked the way your son was getting on me to get em in to. :lol:

Hey Mike....You left your two spoons on the boat.

Nice chatting with you out there Sun Mike great job we picked up a couple more where you were Sat night. We need to get together one of these days and see if we can improve your radio reception. I heard Big Treble calling you and also heard a radio check from a guy who said he was in ludington and have talked to guys in Port Sheldon and Holland while fishing Muskegon.

Since you already have some, if you dont want those to snag any more fish with ill get them next time I see yah.

It only snagged the fish because I sharpend it to a needle point. :P

Remember them the next time, and I will get them back to you.

I heard Big Treble calling you and also heard a radio check from a guy who said he was in ludington and have talked to guys in Port Sheldon and Holland while fishing Muskegon.

:eek: I agree I should be getting better reception.

I was not at the helm the whole time. One of the drivers may not have been paying attention.