5/23/09 Gitter Done AuGres Eyes

I went on a shakedown cruise with John B. aboard the Brandy. John picked me up at 8 AM. His boat was supposed to be ready but wasn't we went to H&H and had a cup. Returned about 45 minutes later and still not ready. Johns boat is rack stored year around. The marina damaged his Beaver Troll, and that was the hold up. We finally get out and boxed 10 quick fish. We had 5 fish in the box before we could get set up. Another limit trip farming a couple of keepers. Oh!!! same program as yesterday. BB and Meat 30 FOW.:) Gitter Done.:)

I'll be out tomorrow in my boat, with John B, FerrisStateHunter, and his dad.:)

We had program as Frank we should have been limited early but we missed several fish. The boy and me ended up with 9,one throw back and a huge catfish. We fished north of the pack and blue and pink with a rainbow blade and blue and pink with a chrome blade were our better colors. Seems like some nicer fish this year so far.

100_1791.jpg

Nice work guys...Great fish.

As far as Franks table, i would guess thats one of those old school fish scalers hanging from his cleaning table. We used to have a Bear Claw i think it was called. They work pretty well.

As far as Franks table, i would guess thats one of those old school fish scalers hanging from his cleaning table. We used to have a Bear Claw i think it was called. They work pretty well.

I "think" I know what you are talking about. It has a cable with a dremmel type bit on the end that removes scales fish? If so.....I have seen one of these in action once, and it worked great!

Thats a pretty good comparison Mike. The scaler part is about the size of a hot dog in diameter, is covered with these square nobs, is about 4-5" long and has a gaurd on the backside to keep the scales from peppering ya. Below the scaler portion is a rubber handle that you hold. You can zip through the gills and perch with one of those bad boys.

Thats exactly what I saw before. I have a friend who scales his gills before he fillets them. He lives the skin on one side of them. I did see it work once, and it zipped right through em.